Tuesday 10 September 2013

25-28mm Chronicle Black Orc sculpted by Nick Lund very early1980sfantasy figure, rare

Status: Sold for  £13.33 on eBay.co.uk


I have not painted a fantasy figure in years. I was digging about in a box of spares and odds and I found this figure  in a box, the last remnant of my large collection of Nick Lund's  very early 1980's Chronicle range before he started working with Citadel.  This find got me  remembering how a lot of my initial interest in miniatures was fired by early Fantasy figures; Citadel,Chronicle,Ral Partha, Minifigs,Black Baron all played there part in parting me from my pocket money.
 I sold many of them for  funds when I was a student and now wish I had not!
 Such is life, anyway I have decided to honour the last figure of this collection of wonderful Orcs by painting him properly,( none of the others ever got painted) and seeing as he has no mates to keep him company I shall sell him on Ebay and hope he is reunited with more of his kind!
Below shows the Orc in progress. It's quite enjoyable and liberating painting something from  fantasy.Although the sculpting is quite stylised, it works really well with Orcs, I feel these are a wonderful "lost range" with loads of character.






I have just got my hands on a standard bearer from this range, so maybe I  shall start painting up a unit, really enjoyed painting this guy, here he is below with his new friend and I have found three more of his kind to keep him company, early Warhammer  memories, good stuff !


And below three more of his kind. Await the same treatment !


And recently a Black Orc Shaman 21c was acquired  to take care of the rest of the orcs medical and religious needs !
Two Orcs riding wolves and another 8 Orc infantry have also been sourced from this range.


Here Orc one with a friend just finished and up for sale on eBay now.


No comments:

Post a Comment